Dear reader,
Ever heard the phrase “Life is a highway”? Life was definitely a highway for Jeannette Walls. As she went on her journey of life, you could say she hit some potholes on her ride. Her emotions went up and down like a car going through the rolling hills. In The Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls tells you about the physical journey she went through in her youth. While reading this book, you would think that her childhood would define her future, but in reality, it made her into the Pulitzer Prize winner she is today.
After being on the road all the time, Walls learned that it was okay to be independent; you just have to follow the road wherever it takes you. For the visual display, I made a map of all the places she travelled throughout her childhood. After Welch, WV, Jeannette grew up and decided to take her own path and moved to New York City. For the informational part of this project, I wrote up directions from Welch to NYC. This represents the turning point of the book. Walls turned her life around and matured. I can’t believe she actually lived hoping for the glass castle. It’s weird to think that would be her dream. So I made a fake invitation to the glass castle for the visual with words part of the project. Jeannette endured many roadblocks in her journey. Moving over ten times, to having an alcoholic father, nothing stopped Walls from growing up to be the successful woman she is today.
Sincerely,
Devon
No comments:
Post a Comment